SIZZLE THROUGH THE SUMMER WITH A BOOK!
It's hot, it's sizzling and it's time to keep reading. Here are a few ways to continue exploring the magic of reading through the summer months with your little ones:
- Attend Library Programs: And while at the library, have your child choose a book that he or she enjoys. If they choose the book, they’re more likely to read it
- Read Together. Take turns reading or talking about the pictures. This stimulates learning and the love of reading in a deeper way and creates a bonding experience.
- Read about Your Summer. If you’re planning a vacation, choose books that highlight the themes of your vacation, such as; summer, beach, pet, going to camp, etc.
- Write. The ability to put down thoughts is just as essential as reading. Start a journal and write about your reading materials or have your child draw from the story.
- Join SRP. Join the library’s Summer Reading Program and get incentives for something you already do!
- Be an Example. SRP is not just for children. Adults can get incentives, but most importantly, adults model behavior. So if you read, your child will too.